Contest Guidelines & Rules
- Students cannot take the contest without having a myTI login . Please create and save your login details to avoid any issues during the contest.
- All the Questions are MCQ based.
- Candidates will be awarded positive marks for each correct answer and negative marks for each incorrect answer. For every skipped question there will negative marking.
- All the questions will have a reference link for candidate to refer to answer the question. Candidate must have logged-in to myTI account to access the same.
- Online Entrance Contest assumes that the candidate is responsible for all infrastructure requirements. Candidate will have to ensure access to computer, internet and power supply.
- If in any circumstances, the candidate is unable to complete the Contest within the stipulated time, the completed answers will be taken as the final submission for evaluation.
- The security of your online Contest booking password is totally your responsibility. Organizer will not be held accountable or responsible for any claim or loss that results directly or indirectly from any unauthorized use or misuse of your online Contest booking password.
- The Online Contest Booking Password must be kept confidential. Do not disclose it with others.
Participation Certificate Eligibility Criteria :
- Minimum 80% of the questions has to be attempted.
- The candidate has to Score above 2.
- All the above criteria's need to be satisfied to get the participation certificate.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Contest is held in English throughout. All relevant information, including the online registration form, is in English. Consequently, each individual participant (“Entrants”) must be proficient in English.
- Funds and Prizes Taxes are the sole responsibility of the teams receiving prizes. Prizes may be subject to tax reporting and other purposes. Applicable team-members agree to supply Organizers with any necessary information to affect the same and to fully cooperate in fulfilling all applicable legal requirements.
- By making a submission in the contest, all participants warrant and represent that to the best of their knowledge, their submission is original and does not violate or misappropriate any third party trade secret, “know-how,” copyright, patent or other intellectual property right. Entrants also warrant and represent that there are no obligations of any nature, legal or otherwise, which would prohibit, restrict, or interfere with their participation in the Contest or submission of their design report, and agree to obtain any necessary clearances, authorizations and/or approvals prior to participation.
- The Entrants agree that no information submitted by the Entrants will be treated by Organizers as confidential, including without limitation any of the information set forth in Section 6. For the avoidance of doubt, some information submitted by the Entrants may be considered proprietary, such as information that may attract intellectual property rights including without limitation, copyrights, trademarks and patents, any kind of inventions, innovation or novel ideas. However, by entering this Contest, the Entrants expressly waive their right to have this proprietary information kept confidential.
- DATA PROTECTION, CONSENT TO THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA: Personal data (as hereinafter defined) provided by the Entrants and the Faculty Mentor during the Contest will be used by Organizers as well as by service providers (for e.g. website hosting services) engaged by Organizers as data processors, for the purpose of the Contest. The Entrants and all other participating parties including without limitation the Faculty Mentors, agree that any personal data, which shall mean any data identifying, without limitation, its owner, by name, NRIC number, correspondence address, email address and contact number (“Personal Data”) which is disclosed by any individual or obtained by the Organizers or its Contractual Partners, inclusive of their designated vendors (“Workers and Vendors”) prior to or during the course of performance of this Contest, shall be processed, maintained, disclosed or destroyed in accordance with the relevant terms of consent set out in the Contest Terms and Conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, every Entrant and individual who submits his or her data for the purpose of participating in this Contest shall be deemed to have given express consent for the processing, use, retention or disclosure of such Personal Data for the purposes set out above and in Section 6.
- NO LICENSES UNDER ANY TECHNOLOGY, TRADE SECRETS, “KNOW-HOW”, OR ANY COPYRIGHTS, PATENTS, TRADEMARKS OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF TI, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARE GRANTED TO ENTRANTS UNDER THE CONTEST.
- By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to release Organizers and its affiliates from and against any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from (i) an exclusion or disqualification of such Entrant pursuant to these Rules; (ii) late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners of any prize; (iii) forfeiture of a prize and the selection of an alternate winner; (iv) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible or unintelligible entries; (v) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (vi) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (vii) any condition caused by events beyond Organizer’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; and (viii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind relating to participation in this Contest.
- The Organizers reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or (temporarily) suspend this Contest where required by law or if there is an impediment to the performance of this contract due to a breach by any of the Organizer’s contractual partners, or a delay in funding, or a force majeure event, or it becomes technically corrupted or if for any reason the Internet portion of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infections by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond Organizer’s control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. The organizers further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify anyone found to have manipulated the Contest or its operation. In addition, the organizers at its sole discretion may disqualify any Entrant at any stage of the Contest without being required to specify any reasons in that regard.
- In respect of any suits, actions, proceedings, claims or disputes in relation to this contest, the courts situated at Bangalore, India shall enjoy sole jurisdiction.